- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Significance of the File
- 3 File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- 4 Programs using this Type of File
- 5 Additional Information
Significance of the File
contains ASCII data which have been read and displayed by the program HVIEW2D before.
File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- general data about data stored in the ascii file. The following topics are contained:
- name and type of the corresponding grid file;
- name and type of the data file;
- description of physical data stored;
- description of the corresponding reference surface data;
- data variant number;
- layer number;
- description of the type of time dependency for the data (none, synoptic, synthetic);
- description of data type (scalar, vector, tensor);
- world coordinates of the surrounding rectangle;
- number of data points which lie inside the surrounding rectangle;
- number of data points which lie inside the surrounding rectangle and which are wet;
- limiting depth to distinguish dry and wet data points;
- (optional) date and time for the data stored.
- coordinates and data for the data contained in the scene displayed on screen. The #:following data are written to file:
- x- and y-coordinates of all data points;
- undisturbed water depth at all data points;
- actual dry-wet-indicator for the data points to distinguish valid and invalid data;
- reference surface at all data points;
- values for the physical data.
Notice: the filename is generated from the name of the physical quantity, date and time, the number of the data variant as well as the layer number. Finally .dat is added as an extension. Date and time are omitted if they are not required.
Programs using this Type of File
please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/hview2d/outhview2d.dat
back to: File Descriptions