- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
conversion of Delft3D computational grid
conversion of Delft3D computational results
conversion of (DWD) NetCDF data files
merge of (DWD) NetCDF data files in one NetCDF file
conversion of BDF data into CF NetCDF data
conversion of meteorological data into the Delft3D format METEO_DLFT
conversion of timeseries in BOEWRT format into CF NetCDF data (with optional status flag variable)
conversion of CF SGRID NetCDF into CF UGRID NetCDF
Acknowledgment: This project took advantage of netCDF software developed by UCAR/Unidata (www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/).
Short Description of Functionality
Program DATACONVERT is used to convert computational results and data:
- mode 1: conversion of computational results from the integrated modelling system Delft3D into BAW-specific data formats, with
- conversion of a Delft3D computational grid into UnTRIM grid format,
- conversion of two-dimensional (depth averaged) Delft3D computational results into BDF data format (2D),
- conversion and depth averaging of three-dimensional Delft3D computational results into BDF data format (2D), and
- conversion of three-dimensional Delft3D computational results (sigma-coordinates) into BDF data format (3D, z-layers).
Dynamic model bathymetry (morphodynamics) is supported for 2D as well as 3D computational results. If Delft3D model results have been produced for a domain decomposition run, the converted results are written to different domain-specific data files and are not yet combined into one single file.
A conversion into the subsequent physical output quantities is currently possible:
- water level,
- current velocity,
- bathymetry (static),
- transient bathymetric depth,
- vertical erosion,
- suspended load (icode=7),
- new: (mass) bed load transport rate (icode=621), converted from a volume transport rate,
- new: (mass) suspended load transport rate (icode=622), converted from a volume transport rate and
- new: bottom shear stress
- mode 2: conversion of (DWD) NetCDF data files into BAW-specific data formats, with
- generation of a grid from data points defined in the NetCDF data file, and
- conversion of NetCDF data into BAWs BDF file format.
- mode 3: merge contents of several (DWD) NetCDF data files into a single NetCDF data file, with
- transfer of meta data as well as data for identical dates into a single NetCDF data file.
- mode 4: conversion of BDF data into cf-netcdf.nc data, for
- mode 6: conversion of meteorological data into Delft3D format METEO_DLFT.
- mode 7: conversion of timeseries and meta information in BOEWRT format into cf-netcdf.nc data according to NODC's feature type template for timeSeries. Creation of optional status flag variable for description of data quality is supported.
- mode 8: conversion of CF SGRID NetCDF into CF UGRID NetCDF (see cf-netcdf.nc).
- steering data
- file of type dataconvert.dat. The extended description for this file contains comprehensive informations with respect to steering data, input as well as output data files.
- computational grid
- mode 1
- mode 2 - no grid file required
- mode 3 - no grid file required
- mode 4
- location_grid.dat or cf-netcdf.nc (from GRIDCONVERT).
- gitter05.dat and gitter05.bin or cf-netcdf.nc (from GRIDCONVERT).
- untrim_grid.dat or cf-netcdf.nc (from GRIDCONVERT).
- utrsub_grid.dat (only with false subgrid - one subpolygon/polygon, one subedge/edge).
- profil05.bin or cf-netcdf.nc (from GRIDCONVERT).
- mode 6
- all grid file formats used with BDF data, e. g. gitter05.dat and gitter05.bin.
- mode 7 - no grid file required
- mode 8 - no grid file required
- (optional) global metadata
- Setting metadata via shell scripts, envrionment variables can of a simulation can be set in a run script. Variables describing the project can be stored in a project script (German: Auftragsskript) under $PROGHOME/bin/dmqs. So, DMQS compliant metadata is generated.
- nc_meta.dat, in case file nc_meta.dat is present in the current working directory, this file will be read by the application. Otherwise the respective file from $PROGHOME/cfg will be read.
- computational results or data
- (optional) vertical structure
- mode 1
- mode 2 - no vertical structure required
- mode 3 - no vertical structure required
- mode 4 - no vertical structure required
- mode 6 - no vertical structure required
- mode 7 - no vertical structure required
- mode 8 - no vertical structure required
- converted computational grid
- converted computational results
- printer file
- (optional) trace file
The original computational grid is in case converted using methods from software package H_GRID or L_GRID. Interpolation of computational results is performed using methods from the H_IP package. Read and Write of computational data is carried through essentially using methods from software package IO_DATASET and in mode 6 also using IO_DELFT.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
ABDF, ADCP2PROFILE, ArcGIS-Applications, DAVIT, DELFT3D, DIDAMERGE, DIDARENAME, DIDASPLIT, ENERF, GVIEW2D, HVIEW2D, IO_VOLUME, METDIDA, NCANALYSE, NCAUTO, NCCHUNKIE, NCDELTA, NCDVAR, NCPLOT, NCRCATMAT, NC2TABLE, NCVIEW2D, NetCDF Operators, PARTRACE, PGCALC, PLOTPROFILZEIT, PLOTTS, QUICKPLOT, UNK, UNS, VTDK, XTRDATA, XTRLQ2, ZEITR.
for example input files please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/dataconvert/
back to Program Descriptions