- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Significance of the File
- 3 File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- 4 Programs using this Type of File
- 5 Additional Information
Significance of the File
contains different user-specified informations related to e.g. the output of computational results of the numerical model TELEMAC(-3D) in baw-specific (see also dirz.bin)
File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- times for output of computational results in BDF data format; the following specifications are possible:
- area-/volume oriented output of results;
- profile oriented output of results;
- output for specific locations.
- name and type of different input files with positions where data shall be written to output files; the following specifications are possible:
- file with vertical grid structure, which specifies the boundaries between vertical layers (filetype vertical.dat);
- file with boundary data grid, which was used during generation of boundary time series by means of the program TM2RND; only the correct name is used, therefore the file must not be present in the actual working directory (filetype gitter05.dat/bin);
- (optional) file with horizontal grid for data output in a part of or the overall computational domain (filetype gitter05.dat/bin);
- (optional) file with profile topography for data output along one or several profiles (filetype profil05.bin);
- (optional) file with a list of specific locations for data output at one or several locations (filetype location.dat).
- name and type of different boundary data files; the following specifications are possible:
- (optional) hydrodynamic boundary time series data (filetype tm2.rbh.bin.i and filetype tm2.rbh.bin);
- (optional) salinity boundary time series data (filetype tm2.rbs.bin.iand filetype tm2.rbs.bin);
- (optional) weir time series data (not yet realised);
- (optional) meteorological time series data (filetype dirz.bin.r, dirz.bin.i and dirz.bin).
- name and type of different output files; the following specifications are possible:
- (optional) area oriented output of computed results (two-dimensional):
- (optional) volume oriented output of computed results (three-dimensional, TELLEMAC-3D only):
- (optional) output along profiles of computed results (depth-averaged data) along selected predefined profiles:
- (optional) output along profiles of computed results (three-dimensional data, TELEMAC-3D only) along selected predefined profiles:
- (optional) output of results for specific locations, i.e. for water level elevation and depth averaged data:
- (optional) output of results for specific locations, i.e. for three-dimensional data (TELEMAC-3D only):
- Notice: All files are initialized with standard values immediately after opening. This means that results can be already checked while the simulation is still going on.
- While reading data from the user specified input data file additional data will be also read from the so called dictionary file telemac_dico.dat stored in the directory $PROGHOME/dic/.
- In addition to that also data from several configuration files (normally stored in the directory $PROGHOME/cfg/) will be automatically read. The names of the files are as follows:
The siginificance of the files is to define the amount of data output (for the overall area, along profiles, at specific locations) individually. If less or more data output is required the aforementioned files shall be copied to the working directory and locally modified.
Programs using this Type of File
interactive generation (editor)
please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/telemac3d/
back to: File Descriptions