DISPLAY CONTROL VOLUMES
- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
1.1 / March 2016
Acknowledgment: This project took advantage of netCDF software developed by UCAR/Unidata (www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/).
Short Description of Functionality
The application display_control_volumes clearly represents spatially and temporally
aggregated flux quantities in a table.
A map with the location of the control volumes and their associated exchanges will also be displayed.
For a particular control volume the table has to be read row-wise.
Positive values mean inflows into the control volume, negative values indicates outflows.
Horizontal fluxes take place through the exchanges of the volume to adjacent
control volumes or to the enviroment ( Column: ENV).
Vertical fluxes such as the exchange with the bottom or the atmosphere may occur.
In addition, a control volume can have sources and sinks in order to implement inflows
|EER||:||Sources and sinks|
|NVR||:||Rate of rainfall and evaporation|
|WOB||:||Exchange with water surface|
|BOD||:||Exchange at bed of water body|
In addition, the column DIV shows the horizontal divergence of the control volume.
The following analysis results are processed:
- Characteristic Numbers of Water Transport (independent of tides);
- Characteristic Numbers of Salt Transport (independent of tides);
- Characteristic Numbers of Heat Transport (independent of tides);
- Characteristic Numbers of Tracer Transport (independent of tides);
- Characteristic Numbers of Suspended Sediment Transport (independent of tides).
- Characteristic Numbers of Sediment Transport (independent of tides).
- Tide-independent characteristic numbers of aggregate transport quantities (file type: cf-netcdf.nc).
- (optional) Area map of control volumes as a bitmap (*.PNG) or in vector format (*.PDF,*.EPS).
- (optional) Table of fluxes as a text file (*. TXT).
If there is a differentiation into advective and diffusive transport,
the table summarizes their values together.
In this case, two additional columns (SUM_ADV, SUM_DIF) are appended
to assess the ratio between the two types of transport.
Fractions, involved in the accounting, can be selected by the user.
The integrated configuration file display_control_volumes_cfg.dat shows the variable names of the characteristic numbers of the different transports.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
Linux: MATLAB Compiler Runtime MCR R2015a in directory /usr/local/MATLAB/R2015a
None. See also under MATLAB.
back to Program Descriptions