- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
analyses of measured data
analyses of numerically calculated data
tidal characteristic numbers of water level
tidal characteristic numbers of current velocity
tidal characteristic numbers of salinity
comparative statistical data for tidal characteristic numbers
Short Description of Functionality
Program TIDKEN belongs to the various postprocessing programs of different mathematical models. In addition to numerically calculated results also measured data can be used as input. The program allows a (semi-) automatic computation of tidal characteristic numbers for different (computed and/or measured) time series given at individual locations. The following characteristic numbers can be obtained:
In addition to the above mentioned tidal characteristic numbers comparative statistical data may be also calculated when two different time series are analysed at the same time.
The program TDKTIE link the several result files and generates for example a table with the tidal characteristic numbers along a profile.
- general input data (filetype tdkneu.dat).
- measured or numerically computed time series (filetype boewrt.dat or knoerg.bin).
- (optional) lineprinter file with results of a single data analysis (filetype tidken.e.sdr).
- (optional) lineprinter file with results of comparative analysis (filetype tidken.v.sdr);
- in addition a few ASCII files with analyses results of filetype zeile.tidken.dat):
- water level (zeile.H.xxx.dat and zeile.h.xxx.dat, x=001, ... 999)
- current velocity (zeile.V.dat and zeile.v.dat)
- and salinity (zeile.z.dat).
- (optional) binary file with results of a single data analysis (filetype tidken.e.bin).
- (optional) trace of program execution (filetype tidken.trc).
- in a first step a time serie which shall be subsequently analysed may be optionally filtered before (e.g. bandpass filter);
- thereafter a (semi-) automatic computation of tidal characteristic numbers will be carried through; for this step some user prescribed parameters are required;
- if necessary also a comparative analysis is carried through.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/tidken/
back to Program Descriptions