- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
Acknowledgment: This project took advantage of netCDF software developed by UCAR/Unidata (www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/).
Short Description of Functionality
This program has been replaced by TAYLORTARGETDIAGRAM!
The application taylordiagram allows to visualize the quantities that describe the model performance calculated by NCDELTA as a Taylor-Diagram and to list them as a table.
In the Taylor-Diagram standard deviation, correlation as well as pattern root mean square error (PRMSE) between model and observation are graphically displayed.
- (optional) Taylor-Diagram as bitmap (*.JPG,*.PNG), as a vector graphic (*.PDF,*.EPS) or as a MATLAB figure file (*.FIG).
- (optional) Table of the model performance quantities (*.CSV,*.DAT)
Visualization of the model performance in a Taylor-Diagram after Taylor (2001).
The table lists
- Root Mean Square Error (RMSE)
- Taylor Skill 4 (Equation 4 in Taylor (2001))
- Taylor Skill 5 (Equation 5 in Taylor (2001))
- Pattern Root Mean Square Error (PRMS)
- Bias (Difference of the Means)
- Means of the respective model quantity and observational quantity
- Standard deviations of the respective model quantity and observational quantity
- Correlation between the respective model quantity and observational quantity
- Positional attributes of the quantity (GK-Coordinates, latitude and longitude, depth, position name) compared by NCDELTA
- Filename of the NCDELTA-Output file
- Number of data points used for the comparison
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
Linux: MATLAB Compiler Runtime MCR R2015a in directory /usr/local/MATLAB/R2015a
Karl E. Taylor, Summarizing multiple aspects of model performance in a single diagram, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 106, No. D7, Pages 7183-7192, April 16, 2001
See also under MATLAB.
back to Program Descriptions