- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Significance of the File
- 3 File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- 4 Programs using this Type of File
- 5 Additional Information
Significance of the File
- User specified metadata for cf-netcdf.nc files.
- For NetCDF conventions see NetCDF-Pages of BAW-Wiki.
File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- institutional metadata
- naming_authority = Recommend using the reverse URL of the institution. (ex., de.baw)
- publisher_name = Name of the person or group that distributes the data files.
- publisher_email = The email address of the person or group that distributes the data files.
- publisher_url = URL of the person or group that distributes the data files.
- institution = The institution of the person or group that collected the data.
- other general informations
- id = Unique identifier for the data set represented in the file. The combination of the "naming authority" and the "id" should be a globally unique identifier for the dataset.
- project = The scientific project that the data was collected under.
- title = One sentence about the data contained within the file.
- references = Published or web-based references that describe the data or methods used to produce it. (e.g. URL in BAWiki)
- source = The method of production of the original data.
- summary (one or more lines):
- summary = One paragraph describing the data set.
- staff related metadata
- creator_name = Name of the person who collected the data.
- creator_url = The URL of the institution that collected the data.
- creator_email = Email address of the person or institution that collected the data.
- contributor_name = The name of any individuals or institutions that contributed to the creation of this data.
- contributor_role = The role of the individual or institution that contributed to the creation of this data.
- acknowledgment = This optional free text field identifies the funding agency and other relevant information.
For further informations and explanations see NODC NetCDF Templates.
Programs using this Type of File
$PROGHOME/examples/nc_meta/nc_meta.dat (template file for users)
$PROGHOME/cfg/nc_meta.dat (used in case no user file is present in the working directory).
back to: File Descriptions