- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
Short Description of Functionality
NCPOLO is applied in model calibration and validation. It corroborates validation illustration and skill scores combined with various export possibilities. With NCPOLO, a observation-prediction comparison can be performed quickly. For a successful application of NCPOLO, all measurements and model data must be available in pooled cf-netcdf.nc data. A time and space correlated difference, which can be interpreted by NCPOLO must be created with NCDELTA.
- One should use BOE2NC for the preprocessing of non-pooled BOEWRT.DAT data
- Measurements should be checked, as NCPOLO does not perform any plausibility checks on input data
- Measurement names must be one-of-a-kind, as more than one measurement (e. g. multiple depths) are not possible to interpret yet.
- Stations are named from the long_name of the NCDELTA variant
- Model data can be provided in 2d and 3d
- NCDELTA must be run with with_original_data = .true.
- The station name will be used troughout illustrations and skill scores. Thus it is smart to chose a short name.
- The processing of chunked data is usually faster, when using NCDELTA. One can chunk a cf-netcdf.nc file using NCCHUNKIE.
- As the output can be defined in multiple languages, with more than 5 detailed times per tide gauge, the output mass can grow quickly to more than 1,000. Therefore, a user should only enable the illustrations, which are absolutely required.
Output of NCPOLO:
- time series (complete, parts)
- scatter plots (colored by density, uniform)
- hodographs of current (colored by density, uniform)
- box-whisker error distribution
- statistics (33 parameters)
- data export (per gauge)
- statistics export (per gauge, all gauges)
- req: steeringNCPOLO.DAT
- (req) log (type *.sdr)
- (req) errors and warnings (type *.err)
- (req) time series (type PNG, FIG, EPS, FIG)
- (opt) scatter plot (type PNG, FIG, EPS, FIG)
- (opt) hodograph (type PNG, FIG, EPS, FIG)
- (opt) box-whisker plots (type PNG, FIG, EPS, FIG)
- (opt) statistic distribution (type PNG, FIG, EPS, FIG)
- (opt) statistic parameters (type DAT, CSV, LATEX)
- (opt) comparison data (type DAT, CSV, MAT)
- (opt) statistic overview (type DAT, CSV, MAT)
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
- Template Files:
- template files available in $PROGHOME/examples/ncpolo/
back to Program Descriptions