- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
finite element grid mathematical method TELEMAC-2D
Short Description of Functionality
The Program KACHEL2D is a preprocessor for the numerical method TELEMAC-2D. It has been designed to extract subgrids out of the overall model grid. The area of the subgrid can be defined by a frame (FRAME) or a closed polygon (POLYGON). Therefor any shape of a subgrid is possible.
A further function is given by cutting several holes into every defined subgrid.
Several sections could be extracted at the same time.
If many tiles shall be extracted during one run - especially tiles defined by means of a regular raster grid - check if the program DIDASPLIT would be the better choice.
- program input control file (type kachel2d.dat)
- file of the overall model grid (type gitter05.dat/bin)
- (optional) file(s) with a polygon for subregion definitions (type fd2bagger.poly)
- (optional) file(s) with a polygon for definition of holes (type fd2bagger.poly)
- file(s) of the part grid(s) (type gitter05.dat/bin)
- (optional) list(s) of edges (type fkvz.bin)
- (optional) list(s) of neighbour elements (type fkez.bin)
- (optional) file with test outputs (type kachel2d.trc)
- (optional) file with start times of program steps (type kachel2d.times)
Either a tile with 4 frame coordinates (FRAME) or a polygon out of a file (POLYGON) define a section. All knots and elements of the overall model grid which are inside of the defined section are taken into account. Users of the program have also the option to take elements into account which are only partly overlapped with the defined section. In this case also the knots out of the section of the concerning elements are used for the part grid extraction. Remark:
In general the boundaries of a subgrid do not coincide with the predefined polygones or frames.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
back to Program Descriptions