- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
finite difference grids
Short Description of Functionality
Utility program which glues two finite difference grids into a new one.
- program input control file (type fdglue.dat)
- two source files with the finite difference grids (FIDISOR-format) (type topo.bin)
- new-glued grid (FIDISOR-format) (type topo.bin)
- (optional) file with test outputs (fdglue.trc)
The program glues two meshes with a FIDISOR-format into a new finite difference grid. Since both grids A and B must have the same origin and distance of mesh elements, the program checks this condition first before it calculates the size of the new grid C. Then C is initialised with the depth of a land area. Afterwards C gets the depth of mesh A and B respectively. In the overlap area between A and B the program calculates the new depth of C with the weighting factor W of the input control file. Finally the program saves the new grid C.
Note: The program does not check whether or not both grids A and B have an overlap. If no overlap exists, the meshes of A and B are seperated by a land area in the resulting grid C.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
back to Program Descriptions