- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
extraction of soundings
Short Description of Functionality
The program DATAUS extracts the soundings of an interesting area out of a file with soundings of a larger area.
- file which contains echo soundings of type geom.dat (FORTRAN-Format '(2(f15.2,1x),f15.3)' ), digi.gkk , written in FORTRAN format '(2(f10.2,1x),f6.2)' or another userdefined FORTRAN format (x,y,z).
- (optional) file with boundary of the interesting area (Typ poly.dat)
- file which contains echo soundings for the interesting area of type geom.dat (FORTRAN-Format '(2(f15.2,1x),f15.3)' ), written in FORTRAN format '(2(f10.2,1x),f6.2)' or another userdefined FORTRAN format (x,y,z).
- (optional) file of type gkslog.dat (terminal protocol). This file enables the user to rerun a session a second time!
The program reads the soundings sequentially, tests whether they are inside the given area and writes them into the new file if they are inside.
A coordinate reference System which has been optionally specified through a comment "C CRS=####" inside the input file is transferred to the output file.
Remarks: The program offers the possibility of a terminal protocol, as the GKS-programs HVIEW2D und VVIEW2D do. If the program is then run a second time, this protocol is automatically read and the same results are created again.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
back to Program Descriptions