- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
1.x / November 2000
ADCP workhorse instruments
universal direct access format for data at specific locations
Short Description of Functionality
Program ADCP2BDF can be used to convert measured data from ADCP workhorse instruments into a BAW-specific universal direct access data format (see also under dirz.bin). Measured data are converted for any number of measurement locations and are stored as synoptic data sets.
- general input data (filetype adcp2bdf.dat).
- measured data for a specific period of time at one or several locations (one or several files of type adcp_wh.dat).
- systemfile with positions of the measurement locations (filetype location_grid.dat);
- derived water level elevation (files of type dirz.bin.r,dirz.bin.i and dirz.bin);
- converted measured data (files of type dirz.bin.r,dirz.bin.i and dirz.bin);
- (optional) lineprinter file contains useful informations related to program execution (filetype adcp2bdf.sdr);
- (optional) file with trace of program execution (filetype adcp2bdf.trc).
Meaured data are converted for one or several measurement locations. If necessary, data are interpolated with respect to depth and/or time. Data which are not valid are not treated separately at the moment. The location of the water level elevation is indirectly determined from some measured data and contains therefore a certain amount of uncertainity.
Program(s) to run before this Program
ADCP workhorse measurement
Program(s) to run after this Program
please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/adcp2bdf/
back to Program Descriptions