- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
3.x / Juni 2000
3.x / Juni 2000
finite difference method
numerical method TRIM-2D
numerical method TRIM-3D (depth-independent boundary values)
Short Description of Functionality
The program TR2RND is a preprocessor for the numerical models TRIM-2D as well as TRIM-3D. TR2RND is used for conversion of boundary informations into a special storage format which enables a fast access for the simulation progams TRIM-2D and TRIM-3D to the grid cell boundary values (hydrodynamics, salinity, temperature, suspended load concentration, etc).
Please notice that TR2RND can only generate depth-independent boundary values for the three-dimensional numerical model TRIM-3D.
- file with informations about time span of the newly generated timeseries and about the number of FD grid cells at which the boundary values should be used (file type fd2rnd.dat).
- file with time series of boundary values (file type rndwerte.datv).
- model topography (file type tr2.topo.bin)
- ASCII file with informations about the generated time series of boundary values (tr2rnd.echo).
- binary files with informations and boundary values for sea level and inflow/outflow (tr2.rbh.bin.iand tr2.rbh.bin).
- binary files with informations and boundary values for salinity (tr2.rbs.bin.i and tr2.rbs.bin).
- binary files with informations and boundary values for temperature (tr2.rbc.bin.i and tr2.rbc.bin).
- binary files with informations and boundary values for suspended load concentration (tr2.rbc.bin.I and tr2.rbc.bin).
- binary files with informations and boundary values for time varying weir /dam heights (tr2.rbw.bin.i and tr2.rbw.bin).
TR2RND creates binary boundary value files (*.bin.I and *.bin) for the noted physical parameters from ASCII files. The binary files contain informations about the number and indices of the boundary grid cells and their connection to a time series of boundary values. The timeseries are stored in the direct access files as single records.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/tr2rnd
back to Program Descriptions