- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
2.x / January 2001
Universal Direct Access Data Format
Short Description of Functionality
The Program PGCALC generates with synoptical data from numerical models further special data, e.g. Layer Thickness, Geodetic Height, Density and Pressure.
- general input data file (filetype pgcalc.dat)
- grid for 2D/3D-data (filetype gitter05.dat/bin or filetype untrim_grid.dat)
- synoptic data with the necessary physical quantities as input data (filetype dirz.bin.r, dirz.bin.i und dirz.bin)
- calculated data (filetype dirz.bin.r, dirz.bin.i und dirz.bin)
- informative printer file (filetype pgcalc.sdr)
- (optional) trace of program execution (filetype pgcalc.trc)
The Program calculates independent of the numerical method additional physical quantities. These may be useful in further Postprocessors (e.g. ENERF). Depending on the input data, 2D or 3D output data is generated.
Remarks concerning the physical output quantinies:
- Geodetic Height:
- corresponds to the local centre of gravity in a water column or a layer, referred to mNN as the reference level.
- Layer Thickness:
- stands for the height of a water column or a layer.
- calculated water density by using salt contension and temperature.
- Pressure: (Total Pressure)
- pressure in the centre of a water column or layer, calculated with density, layer thickness and gravity; the air pressure and if present the hydrodynamic water pressure
- are added to the total water pressure
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
back to Program Descriptions