Stand Alone Applications at the BAW
Since November 2013 compiled MATLAB executables are available at the BAW-DH, both for Linux and Windows systems. A MATLAB Compiler Runtime (MCR) has to be installed on the local machine. A MATLAB license is not necessary.
- create_simple_untrim2_grid: create a simple computational grid for UNTRIM2.
- display_control_volumes: tabular representation of spatially and temporally aggregated fluxes (generated by NCANALYSE).
- inspect_control_volumes: time series visualization of aggregated transport quantities (generated by NCAGGREGATE).
- display_percentiles: Calculates and plots different statistical values (mean, median, minimum. maximum and percentiles) based on profile-oriented data (i.e. the output of XTRDATA).
- insel2ipds: Read several insel.dat files and write out one ipds.dat file which can be used for NCAGGREGATE.
- quickplot: Interactive visualisation including animation of numerical data.
- matlabfigviewer: Viewer for files in the Matlab Figure format (*.fig) with no licensed Matlab installed. The viewer offers the possibility to change some figure properties e.g. size, line width, font size.
- plotProfilZeit: Visualization of profile data (created by XTRDATA or NCAGGREGATE) as hovmoeller plot as well as display of percentiles or single values along a profile.
- plotts: Visualisation of timeseries from netcdf-files.
- TTpegel: Analysis of high as well as low water time series data for gauge stations..
- taylordiagram: Visualization of standard deviation, correlaiton, pattern root mean square error (PRMS) (calculated by program NCDELTA) in a Taylor-Diagram and description of the model-observation-comparison in a tabular form.
In the following you can find some links referencing oceanographic and estuarine applications, as well as MATLAB programming style:
- OpenEarth Wiki for MATLAB (Deltares);
- MATLAB Tools for Oceanographic Analysis (Woods Hole Science Center);
- A thematic data portal to sattelite-derived ocean surface properties (NASA);
- MATLAB programming style (Deltares).