- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
2.x / January 2001
calculation with synoptical data
potential energy density
kinetic energy density
universal direct access data format
Short Description of Functionality
The program DIDAMINTZ computes several derived data from synoptic data. Depth integrated or depth averaged quantities can be calculated from different physical input data.
- general input data file (filetype didamintz.dat)
- configuration file with definitions of possible physical quantities for depth integration (filetype didamintz.cfg.dat)
- grid for 2D/3D-data (filetype gitter05.dat/bin or filetype untrim_grid.dat)
- synoptic data with necessary physical quantities as input data (filetype dirz.bin.r, dirz.bin.i and dirz.bin)
- result data calculated by using the input data (filetype dirz.bin.r, dirz.bin.i and dirz.bin)
- informative printer file (filetype didamintz.sdr)
- (optional) trace of program execution (filetype didamintz.trc)
This program is able to calculate depth integrated or averaged physical quantities out of synoptical results from numerical models.
To calculate depth averaged 2D-output quantities corresponding 3D-input data is needed. Only for special quantities a depth integration (2D or 3D) is permitted, since the integration changes the unit of a physical quantity. For instance the specific kinetic energy (kJ/m³) becomes the kinetic energy density (kJ/m²) through depth integration.
Physical quantities admitted for depth integration are defined in the configuration file (didamintz.cfg.dat).
All output data 2D. If the input data is a vector, only the x- and y-components are kept.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/DidaMintZ/DidaMintZ.dat
and also to $PROGHOME/cfg/DidaMintZ.cfg.dat
back to Program Descriptions