- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
Short Description of Functionality
The program VOLUMETHAUTO is a Daemon for automatic volume calculations using the program VOLUMETH and automatic generation of result graphics.
- Program flow control file (filetype volumeth.dat)
- (optional) Graphic parameter file (filetype volumeth.plt)
- Result file (filetype volsum.dat/excel.dat)
- (optional) Result graphic files (filetype CGM or Postscript)
The daemon VOLUMETHAUTO is a shell script written in UNIX. The shell script is called each five minutes by cron. When called, it tests, if there is any program flow control file (filetype volumeth.dat) or graphic parameter file (filetype volumeth.plt), resp., in the input directory /home/ak3jfrae/VOLUMETH/IN on PERSEUS. Also it tests, if there is running another volume calculation job, which might have been started five minutes before. If a program flow control file is found and if there is running no other job, the files are moved to the directory /home/ak3jfrae/VOLUMETH/WORK, and calculations are started. If a graphic parameter file (filetype volumeth.plt) was found, that has the same name as the program flow control file (filetype volumeth.dat), but a file extension .plt instead .dat, result graphics are generated. After finishing calculations and, possibly graphic generation, all result files are moved to the output directory /home/ak3jfrae/VOLUMETH/OUT on PERSEUS.
Model topographies for calculations are stored in the directory
- /home/ak3jfrae/VOLUMETH/TOPO on PERSEUS.
Predefined polygons for volume calculations are stored in the directory
- /home/ak3jfrae/VOLUMETH/POLY/VORDEFINIERT on PERSEUS.
Userdefined polygons must be copied to the directory
before starting calculations.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
back to Program Descriptions