Revision as of 12:40, 15 October 2010 by (→Analysis Data)
Purpose of these BAWiki Pages
These BAWiki pages do describe all NetCDF conventions required to store baw-specific data in NetCDF data files (see network common data form). I. e. all local conventions are listed, which go beyond the international agreed-upon CF-metadata convention. These pages are also meant as a discussion ground for agreeing on those additional conventions required.
In cases where the international agreed-upon conventions are insufficient, one should first check whether extensions described in Deltares-Conventions can be used or not - it is recommended to discuss further required extensions with Deltares.
The additional conventions should be listed in the global NetCDF attribute Conventions, e. g. in the following way:
- // global attributes:
- :Conventions = "CF-1.4/Deltares-0.1/BAW-0.1" .
- NetCDF multiple locations: several (point) locations, e. g. equivalent to contents of file location_grid.dat;
- NetCDF multiple profiles: several longitudinal and cross-sectional profiles, e. g. equivalent to contents of file profil05.bin;
- NetCDF triangular grid: triangular grid, e. g. equivalent to contents of file gitter05.dat and gitter05.bin;
- NetCDF unstructured grid: unstructured grid, e. g. equivalent to contents of file untrim_grid.dat;
- NetCDF unstructured grid with subgrid: unstructured grid with additional subgrid data, e. g. equivalent to contents of file utrsub_grid.dat.
- NetCDF time coordinate: date and time, calendar.
- NetCDF vertical coordinate: dimensional vertical coordinate (height, depth).
Horizontal Coordinate Reference System
Reduction of Dataset Size
- NetCDF synoptic data at multiple locations,
- NetCDF synoptic data for multiple profiles,
- NetCDF synoptic data for triangular grid,
- NetCDF synoptic data for unstructured grid, and
- NetCDF synoptic data for unstructured grid with subgrid.
Time Series Data
- NetCDF tidal characteristic numbers of water level, and
- NetCDF differences for tidal characteristic numbers of water level.