Revision as of 07:40, 27 November 2013 by imported>Lang Guenther (→Purpose of these BAWiki Pages: link to OPULS added)
Purpose of these BAWiki Pages
These BAWiki pages do describe all NetCDF conventions required to store baw-specific data in NetCDF data files (see network common data form). I. e. all local conventions are listed, which go beyond the international agreed-upon CF-metadata convention. These pages are also meant as a discussion ground for agreeing on those additional conventions required.
In cases where the international agreed-upon conventions are insufficient, one should first check whether extensions described in Deltares-Conventions can be used or not - it is recommended to discuss further required extensions with Deltares. The version which has been recommended to become a standard can be found on the GITHUB. Further activities related with OpenDAP to extract a selection of data defined on unstructured grids can be found on e. g. OPULS.
The additional conventions should be listed in the global NetCDF attribute Conventions, e. g. in the following way:
- // global attributes:
- :Conventions = "CF-1.4/Deltares-0.1/BAW-0.1" .
The BAW instance of a NetCDF file developed since 2010 is a file of type CF-NETCDF.NC.
- NetCDF multiple locations: several (point) locations, e. g. equivalent to contents of file location_grid.dat;
- NetCDF multiple profiles: several longitudinal and cross-sectional profiles, e. g. equivalent to contents of file profil05.bin;
- NetCDF triangular grid: triangular grid, e. g. equivalent to contents of file gitter05.dat and gitter05.bin;
- NetCDF unstructured grid: unstructured grid, e. g. equivalent to contents of file untrim_grid.dat;
- NetCDF unstructured grid with subgrid: unstructured grid with additional subgrid data, e. g. equivalent to contents of file utrsub_grid.dat.
- NetCDF time coordinate: date and time, calendar.
- NetCDF vertical coordinate: dimensional vertical coordinate (height, depth).
Horizontal Coordinate Reference System
Reduction of Dataset Size
- NetCDF synoptic data at multiple locations,
- NetCDF synoptic data for multiple profiles,
- NetCDF cross section integral synoptic data for multiple profiles,
- NetCDF synoptic data for triangular grid,
- NetCDF synoptic (morphological) data for triangular grid,
- NetCDF synoptic data for unstructured grid,
- NetCDF synoptic data for unstructured grid with subgrid, and
- NetCDF DelWAQ data.
Time Series Data
- NetCDF tidal characteristic numbers of water level, and
- NetCDF differences for tidal characteristic numbers of water level.
back to Standard-Software-Applications (Add-ons)