Revision as of 15:35, 27 September 2018 by (Output of BOEWRT status flag)
- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
Harmonic evaluation of tides
forecast calculation of tides
tidal harmonic constituents
Short Description of Functionality
- input control file (file type frq2zeitr.dat).
- file with keys of tidal harmonic constituents which will be used for calculation of the waterlevel (file type kennungen.dat).
- file with the keys of geopositions for which the time series will be calculated (file type kennungen.dat).
- file with the names of available extended geoposition files (file type dateiliste.dat).
- file with basic information about the tidal harmonic constituents (file tidegrunddaten.dat).
- the available extended geoposition files with information about the tidal amplitudes(file type geopos.dat).
- (optional) file with absolute times, onto which the output timeseries should be mapped (file type boewrt.dat). Only the time information of this file will be considered.
- files with time series of water level (file type boewrt.dat)
- printer file frq2zeitr.sdr
- (optional) file with test output (frq2zeitr.trc)
First the time vector is created. Then the neccessary frequencies and correctures are calculated. Further the local tidal amplitudes and phases are extracted. Then the tidal constituents are summed up to the total water level for the whole time vector. For calculation of the cosine the reference time is chosen as 01.01.yyyy-00:00:00 + n*T. T is the period of the harmonic constituent and n an integer number.
Additionally the status flag is generated and written on output. The flag is set to value 1 == "good".
It is possible, to choose an arbitrary time period and time step of the time series of the water level. If the time period is very long (several months) or the time step is rather short the calculation can take a significant amount of time. If the user defines a coordinate reference System through the environment variable BAWCRS, coordinates of the input positions are transformed to this CRS.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
Tafeln der Astronomischen Argumente V_0+v und der Korrekturen (j, v) von 1900 bis 1999, Bundesamt für Seeschiffahrt und Hydrographie, Hamburg.
back to Program Descriptions