Revision as of 12:09, 6 May 2010 by
- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
4.x / November 2005
stationary data (one/several variants of a quantity)
synoptic data (one/several variants of a quantity)
merging/thinning (in time) of different data sets
universal direct access format for 2D/3D-data
universal direct access format for profile-data
universal direct access format for data at specific locations
Short Description of Functionality
The program DidaMerge is a postprocessor for different numerical models (e.g. TRIM-2D, TRIM-3D, TELEMAC-2D, UNTRIM etc.). DidaMerge was designed to either merge or thin (in time) synoptic data sets of 2D or 3D scalar/vector data (stored in universal direct access format), which may also contain some stationary data sets.
If only one input data set is prescribed, this data set can be thinned (in time). If alternatively two data sets are prescribed, they can be merged and/or thinned (in time); both data sets must then be defined on the same computational grid and must also contain the same number and type of physical quantities. In the output file the desired data sets are stored in ascending order (in time). In case two input data sets are used only one set of stationary data from one input file will be transferred to the result file. The user can select from which input file stationary data shall be used.
- general input data (filetype Didamerge.dat)
- synoptic input data set 1 with (optional) stationary data (filetype dirz.bin.r, dirz.bin.i and dirz.bin)
- (optional) synoptic input data set 2 with (optional) stationary data (filetype dirz.bin.r, dirz.bin.i and dirz.bin)
- grid for 2D/3D-data (filetype gitter05.dat/bin or filetype selafin or filetype untrim_grid.dat)
- or profile-topography for profile-data (filetype profil05.bin)
- or system file for specific locations (filetype location_grid.dat)
- synoptic output data set 1+2 with (optional) stationary data (filetype dirz.bin.r, dirz.bin.i and dirz.bin)
- informative printer file (filetype DidaMerge.sdr)
- (optional) trace of program execution (filetype DidaMerge.trc)
In dependance of the user specified input data a list for all desired output time steps is generated. The availability of the desired data sets is checked - each data set must be stored in one of the source files (input data set 1 or (optional) input data set 2). In addition a unique relationship between the time step and source file where this time step is stored is buildt up.
Finally all data sets required for output are sorted into ascending order in time. The are read from the respective input data file and stored in the output data file immediately afterwards. Merging and thinning (in time) is perfomed according to the user specified input data. As far as stationary data are contained in the input data files, only one file will be used as data source for stationaray data output, whereas the data stored in the second file are simply neglected.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
please refer to $PROGHOME/fortran/examples/DidaMerge/
back to Program Descriptions