CREATE SIMPLE UNTRIM2 GRID
- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
Short Description of Functionality
create_simple_untrim2_grid creates a simple computational grid with sub grid for Mathematical Model UNTRIM2. A one-dimensional grid is generated. Variations of cross-section in the longitudinal direction are only represented in the sub grid (variable sub polygon area, variable sub edge length). Change of system geometry in longitudinal direction is described using a simple polynomial expression.
Grid generation is dependent on the following input parameters:
- type of boundary condition at the river end;
- type of boundary condition at the seaward end;
- width at the river end;
- width at the seaward end;
- depth (constant);
- geographic latitude;
- factor (exponent) determining the shape of the system;
- number of polygons used in longitudinal direction (grid resolution).
All parameters can be accessed by the GUI. All changes are immediately visualized.
Main characteristics of the application:
- GUI-driven MATLAB stand-alone application;
- interactive choice of grid generation parameters;
- grid visualization;
- output to grid data files.
- interactive input via GUI.
- computational grid for UNTRIM2 (filetype utrsub_grid.dat in VC format with extension *.grd).
- (plot-) sub grid (filetype pltsub_grid.upi, additionally also with extension *.grd-4-plt for JANET).
- create_simple_untrim2_grid.log (logfile).
grid is created according to the parameters set by the user.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
Linux: MATLAB Compiler Runtime MCR R2013b in directory /usr/local/MATLAB/R2013b
G. Lang, NN
None. See also under MATLAB.
back to Program Descriptions