- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
Short Description of Functionality
The program ZEITRIO reads and writes data files, that contain time series in different formats. It is possible to read the file-types listed below. They can be wrote as boewrt.dat, as ASCII columns or CSV format afterwards. Concatenation of multible files is supported.
- data file(s) with time series of type boewrt.dat.
- data file(s) with time series of type solwrt.dat.
- data file(s) with time series of type 6dph.dat.
- data file(s) with time series of type trbnk.dat.
- data file(s) with time series of type aander.dat.
- data file(s) with time series of type dwdwin.dat.
- data file(s) with time series of type WSA Bremen.
- data file(s) with time series of type peg.dat.
- data file(s) with time series of type pegel.his.
- data file(s) with time series of type extab.dat (Excel table with separators Blanks, Tabs, comma, semicolon).
- data file(s) with time series of type WSA Emden.
- data file(s) with time series of type column oriented MATLAB matrix.
- data file(s) with time series of type ZRX.
- data file(s) with time series of type WOCE gauge data.
- data file(s) with time series of type knoerg.bin.
- data file(s) with time series of type CSV of the BfG "Pegel-Online" Service.
- data file(s) with time series of type CSV provided by ftp://ftp-cdc.dwd.de/pub/CDC/
- data file(s) with time series of type ALL (Kisters export of WISKI database)
- netCDF files with timeseries from http://www.marineinsitu.eu/dashboard/
- generic CSV file interface allowing free choice of columns .
- optional input data of type zeitrio.dat. This file defines time intervals in case that the output (boewrt.dat only) should be devided into several seperate files of a certain length.
The number of output file types was limited to really useful standard formats.
- data file with time series of type boewrt.dat (output modes 1 and 2)..
- data file with time series as ASCII-columns and a separate header file (a format which can be used with MATLAB, SCILAB or Mathematica)
- data file with time series of type CSV with an one line header of type (Zeitpunkt; property 1; property 2; ....) for Delft-FEWS (output mode 4).
- printer protocol file (zeitrio.sdr).
- (optional) terminal input protocol of type gkslog.dat.
After defining a reference date, which is important when reading or writing a file with relative time information (e.g. solwrt.dat) a time series file is read. Please note, that only one time series at one knot can be read and proccessed at the same time. Optionally further time series files can be concatenated then. The file type can be swiched for each file to read. After reading process has finished, the time series wil be ordered chonologically and double as well as unvalid times are rejected.
The time series are wrote to a file using the format defined by the user. If writing boewrt.dat there is the additional possiblity to write defined time intervalls (e.g. days) into seperate files. The date of the day is part of the file name.
Optionally the time series will be interpolated to equidistant time steps. Larger time gaps can optionally filled with a dummy value (fill value, output mode 1) or eliminated (output mode 2) on output. The printer protocol file provides information about significant gaps in time axis. Interpolation of smaller gaps is be done alternatevly by spline or linear interpolation.
The output time period is determined by the interactive user input. If several input files are read during one cycle, the first start time and last end time determine the output period. If output mode 1 is choosen, eventually fill values are added during equidistant interpolation.
Time series of type MATLAB matrix, ZRX or "exctab.dat" can be filtered and recalculated with an offset and scaling for the data values. Absolute date and time will always be calculated by special operators with high accuracy.
An executable is available for LINUX as well as WINDOWS platforms.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
NTv2 mesh files for coordinate transformation (see also GEOTRANSFORMER).
back to Program Descriptions