- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Significance of the File
- 3 File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- 4 Programs using this Type of File
- 5 Additional Information
7.x / July 2003
Significance of the File
contains specific input data related to the physical subsystem Equation of State of program UNTRIM.
File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- type of equation of state chosen to calculate the density of sea water in dependence on salinity, temperature, suspended load, and pressure; the following methods are currently available:
- No_Equation_of_State: variation of density is neglected;
- Crude_Estimate_Formula: linear dependence of density on salinity and temperature;
- Mamayev_Formula: linear/quadratic dependence of density on salinity and temperature;
- IES_80_at_Atmospheric_Pressure: international equation of state at standard atmospheric pressure;
- IES_80_include_Compressibility: international equation of state at arbitrary pressure taking into account the effect of compressibility of sea water.
- (optional) coefficients (constants) to be used with method Crude_Estimate_Formula; coefficients describe the linear variations of density on salinity and temperature.
Notice: dictionary-file eqs_untrim_dico.dat, normally present in directory $PROGHOME/dic/, will be automatically read by the application program in addition to the user-specified input file.
Programs using this Type of File
interactive generation (editor)
please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/untrim/STD/untrim_eqs.dat
back to: File Descriptions