Tools for Hydraulic Engineering
This page contains several links to single or collections of java-applets. They are useful and instructive in connection with different problems related to coastal engineering as well as oceanography. Using these applets the user gets in touch with knowledge accumulated by others because many descriptions of relevant physical processes are available in analytical form. This may contribute to improve your basic understanding of the physical processes envolved and will give you an idea about important factors influencing the physical behaviour of the process you are interested in.
You may use these applets at your own risk.
Java-Applets of the BAW - Department Hamburg
- Storage capability calculations for the storm surge barrier at the river Ems near Gandersum.
- The applet is available in German only.
- Calculation of various bed roughness parameters
- Calculation of Bend Flows
- vertical and logarithmical profile of current velocity
- lateral profile of current velocity
Java-Applets of Other Institutes
- Java Applets for Coastal Engineering by Robert A. Dalrymple, University of Delaware, Newark, U.S.A.:
- Hydrodynamics (superposition of waves, wind induced surge in a basin, etc.);
- Coastal Processes (sand transport, influence of a groin on a straight beach, etc.).
- Calculators to compute various numbers (density in dependence on temperature, salinity and pressure, sound speed, etc.);
- Graphing-Applets (co-oscillating tides and seiches in bays, etc.).
back to Pre- and Postprocessing