- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
finite difference numerical models FIDISOR/FIDIRB
renewal of model bathymetry
Short Description of Functionality
The program GEOMFD2 belongs to the preprocessors of the numerical models FIDISOR/FIDIRB. It is used to map bearing data onto a finite difference grid. Bearing data may have been sorted before on a regular grid.
- general input-data (filetype geomfd2.dat)
- selected bearing data (filetype geom.dat)
- bathymetry stored in FIDISOR/FIDIRB format (filetype topo.bin)
- (optional) calendar-matrix with the numbers of the years for which bearing data have been stored in the bathymetry file (identical format with filetype topo.bin)
- modified bathymetry stored in FIDISOR/FIDIRB format (filetype topo.bin)
- (optional) modified calendar-matrix with the numbers of the years for which bearing data have been stored in the bathymetry file (identical format with filetype topo.bin)
- (optional) trace of program execution (filetype geomfd2.trc)
The program can be used in different ways to generate bathymetry and or calendar-matrices:
- Generating model bathymetry from bearing data:
- Read existing model bathymetry.
- As before, but initialize all grid cells with LAND values (only the outlines are used).
- Read outlines for the model bathymetry from the general input data file.
- Generating a calendar-matrix:
- Read existing file with calendar-matrix.
- Read initial-value for the year from the general input file.
- Initialize calendar-matrix. Only the actual year, for which bearing data are stored, will be used.
The calendar-matrix, which has identical outlines compared with actual bathymetry, will be generated in parallel with the bathymetry file.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
back to Program Descriptions