- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
finite elemente method
finite difference method
generation of boundary values
Short Description of Functionality
The program FD2MET is one of the preprocessors, which can be used independendly from the later applied hydronumerical method. FD2MET converts meteorological time series and arrays (wind velocity, wind direction, air pressure, air temperature, etc.) stored in different formats into a storage format which can be read and interpreted by the simulation programs of the different hydronumerical methods to take the influence of the meteorology on currents and heat transport in the water column into account. FD2MET gives the possibility to calculate the meteorological parameters on a rectangular, not neccessarily equidistant grid (meteorological grid) on the basis of observed time series. The meteorological grid overlays the model grid in a way that for every model grid point the values of the meteorological parameters are defined. A further function is to transfer meteorological data to the meteorological grid which have been calculated by a meteorological model by interpolation and extrapolation.
- input file for program flow control (file type fd2met.dat)
- model topography in storage format of the later used method (file type topo.bin or tr2.topo.bin or gitter05.dat/bin)
- file(s) with meteorological data at one or more observation stations (Dateiformat solwrt.dat oder boewrt.dat) or files with arrays of meteorological data (e.g. created by MKW) in storage format mkwwrt.dat or mkwswawrt.dat
- file containing information about the meteorological boundary values (file type tr2.met.bin.i)
- direct access file containing the meteorological boundary values defined on the meteorological grid (file type tr2.met.bin)
- (optional) file containing test output to watch the program run (file type fd2met.trc)
The actual boundary values on every gridpoint for each meteorological timestep (which is freely choosen) are determined from the observed data for wind velocity, wind direction, air pressure, air temperature, etc. Several options can be choosen by the user:
- interpolation from measured values (distance weighted)
- direct connection of met. grid cells to observed time series (here a multiplication factor can be given).
- constant time dependent value for every grid point
- interpolation of modelled arrays onto the met. grid cells
For each timestep and each met. parameter a data set is written to the dirct access file tr2met.bin.
- Files of the type solwrt.dat, boewrt.dat, mkwwrt.dat and mkwswawrt.dat must include the FILETYPE parameter.
- The coordinate specified inside a file of type boewrt.dat will be transformed to the coordinate reference system specified by the environment variable BAWCRS. Valid CRS are found in the description GEOTRANSFORMER.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
NTv2-Gitter dhdn_to_etrs89_wsv_v1.gsb, stn_to_etrs89_wsv_v1.gsb
back to Program Descriptions