Name of Program
visualization of profile-data
Short Description of Functionality
The application EXANPROF can be used to visualize calculated results (synoptic data) along profiles. The program is able to generate the following diagrams :
- scalar physical data along profiles (see example-fig.)
- vectorial physical data along profiles (see example-fig.)
- difference of scalar physical data along profiles (see example-fig.)
- Common presentation of data belonging to different variants
- Presentation of profiles with an inverse kilometre-scale (see example-fig.)
- Additional graph(s) of bathymetry-data (see example-fig.)
synoptic data along profiles (filetype excel.dat)
Graphic in form of an Excel-diagram
Way of function:
EXANPROF is a macro-package, which is included in a so-called Excel-Map. After opening the map EXANPROF-Tools to generate a diagram are found on the menubar. An Info-text with a description of the program-operation are found here too.
Knowledge of Excel is not required !
Method to generate a diagram:
- Read the profile-data into the Excel-map
- Start visualization
- Choose type of evaluation
- Choose data
- Define profile-section
The generated graphic and its table of values will be placed in the Excel-map.
It is possible to edit the output with the functions offered by Excel !
A file called "exan97prof.xlt" contains the required macro-package.
The internal user finds this file by opening a new excel-workbook under the register "BAW-Vorlagen".
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Excel 97 incl. VBA
Supercomputing News 4 / 1996
back to EXCEL-Applications