- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Significance of the File
- 3 File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- 4 Programs using this Type of File
- 5 Additional Information
Significance of the File
contains measured data from ADCP workhorse instruments
File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- header informations with different data concerning the location of the instrument, deployment name, period of data registration, etc.
- channel informations with different data concerning the relationship between channel numbers and measured physical quantities.
- comment lines
- measured data: for each time step data are stored for all channels and depth layers. Typically the following quantities are stored:
- bin number;
- transducer distance;
- bin depth;
- u-component of current velocity;
- v-component of current velocity;
- w-component of current velocity;
- error velocity;
- (scalar) velocity;
- current direction;
- intensity of beam 1;
- intensity of beam 2;
- intensity of beam 3;
- intensity of beam 4;
- percentage good 3BEAMS;
- percentage good REJECT;
- percentage good >1BBAD;
- percentage good 4BEAMS.
Notice: this file format is also used by the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency of Germany (BSH) . Therefore measurements carried through by BSH can be easily used by BAWs postprocessing programs.
Programs using this Type of File
please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/adcp2bdf/maushake_adcp.dat
back to: File Descriptions