- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Significance of the File
- 3 File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- 4 Programs using this Type of File
- 5 Additional Information
Significance of the File
contains user-specified input data for the program ADCP2BDF
File-Contents (in Catchwords)
- name and type of ADCP-Workhorse-files: program ADCP2BDF converts available data to (see also under dirz.bin) (description available in German only); one or several files can be prescribed at the same time;
- period for data conversion: corresponds to the period of time for which ADCP data shall be converted into BDF data format;
- (optional) threshold for invalid data;
notice: if this value is not prescribed by the user the default value 9999 will be used.
- (optional) determination of free surface position: the user can choose between different methods to select an appropriate method to determine the position of the free surface; the position of the free surface may be either determined from the change of sign of the quantity BIN-DEPTH or derived from percentage good PCG-4BEAMS;
notice: if no method is prescribed, the internal standard method BIN-DEPTH will be used.
- name and type of result files:
- grid with measurement positions;
- name of BDF data file for storage of the two-dimensional depth-averaged measured data (free surface, depth averaged current velocity, etc.);
- (optional) name of BDF data file for storage of the three-dimensional measured data (current velocity, etc.).
Notice: dictionary-file adcp2bdf_userinput_dico.dat, normally present in directory $PROGHOME/fortran/prg/dic/, will be automatically read by the application program in addition to the user-specified input file.
Programs using this Type of File
interactive generation (editor)
please refer to $PROGHOME/examples/adcp2bdf/adcp2bdf.dat
back to: File Descriptions