Revision as of 11:52, 30 January 2015 by (new postprocessor DATACONVERT)
- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
4.x / March 2011
extraction of data along longitudinal or cross-sectional profiles
universal direct access data format for 2D/3D-data
universal direct access data format for profile-data
support of morphodynamic data sets
support of data sets with static (alternative) bathymetry
Short Description of Functionality
The program XTRLQ2 is a model-independent postprocessor which serves to extract data out of 2D/3D-datasets along one or more longitudinal or cross-sectional profiles. Every profile is defined by a sequence of an arbitrary number of 2D-locations which are connected by straight lines as well as additional points in between these 2D-locations. The extracted data are written in the universal direct access data format to a profile-data file. The following datasets can be actually managed:
- synoptic data with static bathymetry (based on gridfile bathymetry),
- synoptic data with static (alternative) bathymetry (based on data set information),
- synoptic data with time dependent bathymetry (morphodynamic data set), as well as
- morphological (MDO) and sedimentological (STO) output data from package SediMorph.
Besides the data which shall be extracted (e.g. current velocity) also the corresponding reference water surface is needed (e.g. water level elevation). If the reference data are not stored together with the data to be extracted they have to be made available via separate files. The same applies to the time dependent bathymetry.
- general input data (filetype xtrlq2.dat);
- all other required input files are described together with the before mentioned input data file.
- result files are described within the above mentioned input data file xtrlq2.dat;
- informative printer file (filetype Xtrlq2.master.sdr);
- (optional) trace of program execution (filetype Xtrlq2.trc)
From 2D/3D-data files, profile-data will be interpolated for any number of locations from surrounding data points. In general the profile-data file has identical structure and contents (e.g. number of physical quantities stored, number of time-steps, etc.) compared with the 2D/3D-data file. In case of morphodynamic data sets or data sets based on static (alternative) bathymetry the time dependent bathymetry will be taken into account appropriately.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
back to Program Descriptions