- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
cut out data
synoptic data sets
tidal characteristic numbers
tide-independent characteristic numbers
differences of data sets
CF NetCDF format for 2D/3D data
support of computational results based on sub-grid bathymetry
support of DMQS metadata and variables
Acknowledgment: This project took advantage of netCDF software developed by UCAR/Unidata (www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/).
Short Description of Functionality
Furthermore, the user can reduce disk space by extracting only a subset of the original geophysical variables. He can add them to a white list or alternatively to a black list.
- general input data (file type nccutout.dat);
- input UGRID CF NetCDFs (file type cf-netcdf.nc);
- cutout polygons (file type ipds.dat);
- for automatic quality assurance (file type bounds_verify.dat).
- output UGRID CF NetCDFs (file type cf-netcdf.nc);
- (optional) informative printer file of program execution (file type nccutout.sdr)
- (optional) trace of program execution (file type nccutout.trc)
Regarding the postprocessing workflow it is recommended to use NCCUTOUT directly after the numerical engines, e.g. UNTRIM2007 and UnTRIM2, so that the complete postprocessing benefits from the reduction.
An introduction how to collect DMQS metadata can be found here.
Performance: Most of the program's CPU time is used by basic IO routines. Since output is in the tested examples considerably slower than input a reduction of the output data, area and geophysical variables, makes NCCUTOUT run faster.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
- Template Files:
- general template files available in $PROGHOME/examples/nccutout
- in test directory for hydro-dynamic UNTRIM2007 results: $PROGHOME/examples/nccutout/run/utr2007/elbe/nccut
- in test directory for hydro-dynamic UNTRIM2 results: $PROGHOME/examples/nccutout/run/utr2009/easy/nccut
- in test directory for NCANALYSE results: $PROGHOME/examples/nccutout/run/ncana/easy/nccut
back to Program Descriptions