- 1 Basic Information
- 2 Catchwords
- 3 Short Description of Functionality
- 4 Program(s) to run before this Program
- 5 Program(s) to run after this Program
- 6 Additional Information
Name of Program
Hydrodynamic numerical model TRIM-2D
Position dependant soil classification numbers
Short Description of Functionality
The program MKRDAT creates a file, which contains soil classification numbers for each u and v point of the TRIM-2D grid. To do this, the program needs the following input: First a TRIM-2D grid and second information about the position dependency of the soil classifications. The classification numbers can be set inside areas (discribed by a closed polygon i.e. structures INSEL or SAND) and optional pointwise.
- General input data (filetype mkrdat.dat).
- TRIM-2D-Bathymetry (filetype tr2.topo.bin.ind).
- (optional) files(s) containing the polygons describing an area (type insel.dat).
- (optional) point by point assignment of soil classification numbers (filetype gkpunkt.dat).
- Distribution of soil classification numbers (filetype tr2.soil.bin.ind).
- when test output is active: mkrdat.trc and file of type tr2.topo.bin with the classification numbers as TRIM-2D-topography file (enables visualization with TRGITTER05).
Point by point assignment of soil classification numbers All points defined by the user in a file of type gkpunkt.dat must pass through the folling steps:
- Read the coordinates, the depth and the soil classification number
- Compute the grid indices of the associated model point
- Control the position of the model point (inside/outside of model area; wet/dry model point)
- Copy the soil classification number to the u and v edge of this model point
assignment of soil classification numbers by area
- The selected areas are searched by name in the given structure files. Only structures of type INSEL and SAND are accepted during the search.
- When an area is found it is processed. Therefor the order of the structure files and areas inside the input file is significant.
- The classification numbers are assigned then with respect to the criterions set by the user.
- The control criterions are: is the point inside/outside the area and deeper/lower than a depthlimit?.
All grid edges not touched by this assignment get the soil classification number 1.
Program(s) to run before this Program
Program(s) to run after this Program
back to Program Descriptions